Evaluating, Optimizing & Supporting Team Function
Effective teams are the backbone of any organizational success. Whether you are working with an existing team or a team undergoing or preparing for change or you are establishing or taking on a new team, a leader may find him or herself needing to diagnose team capabilities and function, solidify team expectations and requirements, and support team development and cohesion – all in service of results.
BreakPoint Solutions has a long track record of executive leadership and consulting efforts to its credit. Our approach starts with a leadership discussion focused on understanding your unique organizational environment and requirements. From this initial meeting, we design a process that works within your cultural context and targets specific, customized goals.
Elements of a team development approach can include:
- Team function diagnosis and thematic analysis of information gathered;
- Individual and group-based engagement interviews;
- Individual and group-based team building exercises including development of team charters and business plans;
- Targeted interventions focused on areas of greatest strengths or potential for the team;
- Individualized and/or team-based coaching support as required;
- Engagement/communication with executive sponsor, steering committee or similar entity to ensure alignment leadership expectations with the team development plan and deliverables;
- Communications support; and
- Post-engagement evaluation and implementation support as required.
BreakPoint Solutions endeavors to be a deliberate and even provocative partner in the development of high-functioning teams. We work from the premise that trust-building issues and constructive conflict are necessary and crucial parts of the team building process.