Every organization or business at one time or another engages in strategic planning. Sometimes these efforts are large, complex and months in development and engage hundreds if not thousands of staff. In other circumstances, the strategic plan may be carried around in the head of one founder or leader. Neither process is a guarantee of organizational success.
Effective Strategic Planning requires an appreciation and integration of a few key building blocks:
• Strategy research and incubation
• Strategy formulation
• Strategy execution
• Strategy evaluation and modification
Too often organizations and leaders fail to integrate – or even pay sufficient attention – each component. Typical results of a haphazard approach to strategic planning can be strategy out of tune with the competitive environment, lack of understanding of internal capacity of the organization to execute even a well-developed strategy, or lack of attention to operationalizing and managing the strategy.
The workshop/seminar can be tailored in a number of different ways and formats from keynote address to a 1 and 2-day interactive workshop.
• Establish the means to objectively evaluate an organization’s business environment.
• Develop the courage and capacity to challenge the status-quo and evaluate options for future business development.
• Establish scenarios and options as a means to adjust to dynamic variables while sustaining progress towards your vision.
• Establish scenarios and options as a means to develop a strategic mindset supporting flexibility in the face of changing market scenarios.
• Understand how to prioritize strategies and distinguish long-term strategic initiatives from short-term plans and actions.
• Establish a structured approach to execution and management of the strategic plan.
• Consider potential obstacles to strategic formulation, execution, and evaluation – including change resistance.